ISO 22301: Business Continuity
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is a holistic management process that identifies potential threats to an organisation and the impacts to business operations that those threats if realized, might cause; and which provides a framework for building organisational resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand, and value-creating activities.
The Business Continuity Management provides the availability of processes (activities) and resources, in order to ensure the continued achievement of the critical objectives of an organisation.
The goal of a BCM initiative is to provide answers to the following questions:
• How would the business continue to service its customers?
• How would the business continue to operate?
• How long can the business be sustained or survive during the disaster (if non-operational)?
• How to minimize the losses and impact? How to recover and resume back to normal?
• How to achieve cost-effective resumption following an interruption?
• How to effective manage and respond during crisis?
By implementing an ISO 22301 compliant management system and achieving the IQNet Ltd certification, organisations can demonstrate their commitment towards meeting their own business continuity needs, as well as any customer, legal or regulatory needs.